Friday, February 13, 2015

My little Picaso


This is to record my little one’s affinity towards arts. 


Starting from where he got this in his genes --- my great-grandfather was a painting-teacher. I remember seeing dozens of colorful divine paintings of Gods (both known and unknown Gods) hanging in the hallway of my maternal tharavadu (home).  I inherited just an iota of his talent, which I could have honed with regular practice but didn’t. Not that I didn’t like it; my fate didn’t have it. ;) I LOVE sketching. But, I think I am not very good with colors. It still remains an unexplored passion. So you see, it is quite obvious that I would love my son to sketch his heart out. Also, his paternal aunt likes drawing.

Sid is gifted with long fingers, which are believed to be artistic fingers. He had a firm grip of pens/pencils even before he was two. He has never actually scribbled frantically. I remember the first scribbles were soft-running dots, which is quite unusual for a toddler. Or so, I think. :D


He loves elephants and he always used to request me to draw elephants for him. So, obviously that’s the first thing he has ever tried to make. No flowers, no trees, no suns. I know, quite a difficult task for a beginner. I started introducing shapes to him. And he did grasp them. But the quest for an elephant shape was still on. And, finally one day, these happened:

 
And, after some days,



Gradually, he started exploring faces. So, one masterpiece is posted below. In this, he explained to me, one is him and one is amma (yep, that's me).



These days, he tries to draw various things (including sun :)). He colors not-so-perfectly, but still, has some interest. However, he has also started to write a few alphabets provided we give him dots to join. Sample of his first few alphabets:





So, here’s praying to God that if he has it in him, please inspire him to boost it up. <Fingers crossed>.

Update: 10 March, 2015
Another one from Sid. This is Sid himself, it seems. You see those big ears??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment