Friday, February 27, 2015

Sid's taste buds

This is a sheer inheritance from his dad --- super sensitive taste buds.
Like father, he doesn't like fruits. He once disclosed that he doesn't like the smell of fruits (any of them), which is d same reason his dad doesn't like to have them.
Unlike father, Sid hasn't yet started having non veg though. But I am sure he will have it all in future. Our non veg diet contains only eggs these days, which he is soooo fond of. An egg, daily once, almost. He loves it as an omelet.
So, yesterday I was at my mom's place and prepared him an omelet. As usual. What was not usual was the salt there. It was so very moist and salty. So, even though I had put very little salt, the omelet was a bit too salty. I didn't mind that and gave it to him, whatsoever. He had the first bite and pat comes the review: "amma uppu ittittindo?" (mamma, have u put salt?). I am sure he meant too much of salt. I expected some reflex out of him, but bingo, he hit the bull's eye! So even before 3, he knows what has spoiled his favorite recipe. God, save me for the rest of my life.
As for his dad, he will be happy that his food critic genes are successfully passed on to his son. As for Sid, it will be a good career option in the future if he is jobless---food reviewer. And as for me, I request you all to please wish me all the best with my cooking. 

Update: 19/3/2015: 
Sid just proved my post right. How? Read on.
Today, since there was enough left-over rice, my mom thought of managing the lunch with that rice and pressure-cooked some biriyani rice for the little Sid. Sid, after his first taste of food, "innu nalla ari aanu indaakiyadu?" Today, you made meals with good rice?

No comments:

Post a Comment