Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dance, fun, and a new gang!

Life never stops to surprise you. In amongst my busy schedule of work, meetings, cooking, and daily chores, I found a haven of laughter and fun.

It was a usual evening when Sid was cycling in the basement of our apartment when my new acquaintance (Shruti) told me about a thiruvadirakali dance competition which she was a part of. Informally, she invited me to participate. Dance is my all-time-favorite-hobby, so I grabbed this chance with both my hands. I knew it was going to be difficult --- increased workload, no backup for Sid --- but I still pushed myself in. And thank God I did; how else would I have got such wonderful moments and friends!

Sid couldn't thank me more for opting in for this. He gained friends whom he longed for. Both sid and I would finish all our chores and be ready to go to practise. During the practice sessions, he would either be busy with his playmates (Nilanjana chechy and Krishna chechy), or bugging us in the middle of our dance steps. He even learnt a few of the steps himself.
The practice sessions were full of cherishing laughter and giggles, silly gossips and discussions, and some actual practice too. We would discuss anything and everything under the sun. The discussion topics were interesting too --- dance steps, dance costumes, dance jewelry, dance teacher, dance teacher's attitude, dance teacher's health, our health, our pregnancies and deliveries, our kids, our husbands, omg... what not! We even spent an entire day discussing what should be our lunch on the D-day. So, we finally zeroed in on pulav. :D:D:D (which was yummm!)
So, the D-day was on 28th February, 2016. The green room was a vacant party hall. And, with the help of one-another, we transformed ourselves to beautiful swans looking all similar and off we went to the competition.
It was indeed a tough competition. There were 6 teams – all well practiced and groomed up. We got the third prize (although we had dreamed/expected of 1st). Nevertheless, we cheered ourselves up for getting a prize at the first place. We would not have felt bad if we didn't get any prize because we all had gained such beautiful moments and friendship in the past few days that is definitely above the material prizes.
Here's thanking each one of the gang members for their company. Just for records --- Rashmi, Rekha, Radhika, Shrila, Malathy, Karunya, Smitha, Suchitra, and last-but-not-the-least, Shruti. Cheers to all of us! 
 

5 comments:

  1. Awwww..love u more now soumi ..thank u for penning it down...and u definitely are a budding writer. .so proud of u..😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww..love u more now soumi ..thank u for penning it down...and u definitely are a budding writer. .so proud of u..😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really awesome..... and very touching dear......

    ReplyDelete